free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 15 September 2015

J..... my greatest joy in music

Mrs. Nesbitts' ABC-Wednesday ~ 17-J

abc-w-17J

Yesss, my turn again! Yeeeejjjjjjjj!! The letter J is on turn, one of my favorites! This entry will be about my greatest passion, music, and specifically JEANS (of course!!) I think that most of you don't know what Jeans is.. at least the non-Dutch of you. JEANS started in 1983 by Dick van den Ende, who passed away February 23 of 2014.

At the beginning he had an idea! Musical & musical-like theater shows became quite popular in The Netherlands and every producer of something like that was looking for young talented people. At those time there were not too many schools for that kind of 'job'. Nowadays that's a whole different story. He searched for a group of young talented people and created a first show and JEANS was born. Since then the cast members change very often, every season new talents arise. Some stay only one season, others stay longer for more seasons before they go ahead on another path in the music business.

Ever since show 7 I am, as they say, 'hooked, line and sinker'. Every summer I spent my time searching for info about the newbies and the dates of the shows throughout the whole country and reserve, of course, many tickets for different theaters to visit them over the autumn and winter months. Every show contains aproximately 50-70 songs wich everybody knows, so the public can sing along during a show. I always see public in very different ages; JEANS is for the young but also the 'old'. Every show is totaly different from the previous one. Full of singing, dancing and in many other ways performing. I totally adore the format as some cast members I have became friends with.

Next season is show 28th in year 25 because the first 3 shows were performed over 6 years. Comming season will start with the first show of the regular version on september 25th. I can't wait, you might have guessed that already. Monday, September 28th, there will be one jubilee show in which will many old Jeans-members re-appear. I can't wait for that either ;-) I can be a very patient person but when it comes to Jeans i am totally the way around, impatient to the max, from one show to the next.

During one season I visited the show probably 15 times . The first and the last one I never skip!! Always in tears turning home, sad that it's over and thankful for the season i have enjoyed so much! If you want to listen to some of their music just go to youtube and type in: Jeans theater shows.... and then you will get lots of video's from different shows. Have a blast of fun with it and of course with this week's challenge for the letter J at Mrs. Nesbitt's ABC-Wednesday




17 comments:

  1. Well you truly are a fan and I've got to go to you-tube now to check it out. Thanks for the intro to J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i am ;-) All at your good time Ellen, enjoy!!
      Glad to have gotten the opportunity to ;-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing the intro this week, Melody. I've never heard of this group but your enthusiasm has me curious. Must check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Leslie... i talk about them a lot.... as wel in personal life as on my blog and Facebook....
      I wish you lots of joy with listining to the video's!

      Delete
  4. As you didn't mention in which part of the world "Jeans" is played, I checked and see it's in the Netherlands ! I have never heard of Jeans, must be very nice !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No indeed i didn't... just forgot to mention it, sorry.

      Serveral years ago they performed a couple of times in Knokke, and they went to Curacao ones ...but the show always is in The Netherlands.

      It is... i totaly adore it ;-)

      Delete
  5. That's sounds quite different from the routine. Music is beyond borders as background score makes up for the words. Will definitely read more about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is, maybe thats why i love it so much. Every song they perform is a cover but the way how is always surprising.
      I'd love to read from you how you find it!

      Delete
  6. Glad to know about your favorite music shows! As they say love of music has no boundaries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are Jeans your favorite group? Just kidding. :-) I must go find them on Youtube now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;-) hmmm yess you might be right.... i'm not that sure jet, never thought of it that way ;-) ;-)

      Gooo and have fun!!

      Delete
  8. Jumping Jehoshaphat! A jolly introduction.
    My "J" entry is JABIRU the town in Australia and JABIRU the bird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't do it any other way without staying myself ;-)

      I've just visited your entry and i loved it !
      Thank you !!

      Delete
  9. Loved reading this Melody! and i could visualize the entire thing and could feel your enthusiasm and excitement!! Hope you have a great time this time around too :)
    Cheers, Priya [http://softypinkngloriousred.wordpress.com]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Priya for your lovely comment and good wishes.

      Comming Friday it will start for the new season... still a couple a nights to go... i can't wait ;-)

      Delete